Since speed is proportional to the frequency, this protector can be used to protect for :
- Over frequency
- Under frequency
- Over speed
- Under speed
- Under voltage
- Over voltage
- Gensets - to monitor correct operation of the AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) & excitation system & the engine speed controller (Governor)
- Motors - Some electric motors are voltage sensitive, & can overheat & burn out when operated at low voltages. Synchronous motors rotate at speed proportional to line frequency. Use these relays to ensure correct running speed.
- UPS supplies - when the main A.C. supply falls outside the acceptable operating voltage window, the relays can initiate a changeover to an alternate or standby supply.
- Adjustable setpoint
- Adjustable Time Delay
- Internal differential ( factory Settable )
- LED trip indication
- 2 pole relay contacts
- Energize/De-energize function swapping
- Auto Reset
1. Over Voltage & frequency : When the monitored value exceeds the setpoint and the time delay has elapsed, the relay will energise and the red LED will illuminate to indicate the trip condition.
2. Under Voltage & frequency : The relay will de - energise after the time delay has elapsed, and the red LED will extinguish to indicate the trip condition.